This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want Only Kubuntu On My PC [SOLVED]

Greetings everyone: I just sign up. I have a Netbook that I just installed Kubuntu on using Wubi along side Windows.
    And it's working great and I have decided to make Linux my new OS.
    -
    Is there a way to remove the Windows OS and just keep Kubuntu ?
    Now, remember this is a Netbook so I have no CD drive. I once used a tool called uenbootin to install Ubuntu wiping out Windows, but it did not work this time so I used Wubi. I want simplicity if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Re: I Want Only Kubuntu On My PC

No. You can't take a wubi install and make it a standalone OS. Not possible.

You are going to have to perform an installation using a USB stick or via a connected USB CD drive and a LiveCD.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply.
      When you say USB stick, could I use my SD card ?
      And so I have the iso file on my SD card now, that is where Wubi got it from.

Could you briefly elaborate on installing from USB stick, or if it's possible to work with what I have.

Comment

The file on the SD card is the downloaded .iso file. That won't do. But you can use the .iso file on the SD to create a bootable USB Thumbdrive (stick) and then boot from it to perform the installation. This all presumes that your Netbook's BIOS allows for booting from USB (and it would have to be set to do so).

See: Installation FromUSBStick

Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Got it. Thank you very much.
          Precise and easy to understand.

Comment

Working...
          X