This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmix won't recognize Bluetooth

Kbluetooth says that my Motorola H695 is connected, but Kmix just won't see it. I installed pulse-audio because I read it works better, but when I run the program it does nothing. Any ideas for either getting it to work with kmix or getting me to use pulse-audio? Thanks for any help!

Re: Kmix won't recognize Bluetooth

The general advice with regard to audio is to go to "K > System Settings > Multimedia" and fool around with the settings there. Even though you installed Pulse Audio, you may not be using it!

Someone else with will have to help you with Bluetooth, I've never used it.

Comment

Ok, so I put pulse audio at the top of preferred audio devices and then I looked at the blueman plugins and there was the pulse audio checked off. I thought I was finally getting somewhere until I realized now that since I turned off bluetooth, I can no longer turn it back on. I tried restarting and that doesn't work either. If I highlight "Turn Bluetooth on" it has a box that comes up saying "Turn off all adapters" as if it thinks it is on, but everything is still grayed out. I can't use kdebluetooth either because it won't recognize my headset.

Comment

Ok, so I have made a slight amount of progress with the Blueman application. It turns out the killswitch plugin was disabling Blueman. Now that I have disabled the plugin, Blueman recognizes my headset and will allow it to bond, but will not allow it to make an input connection. It allows me to make a headset connection, but refuses to stay connected and still kmix doesn't recognize it.

Comment

Now I have updated Blueman from 1.10 to 1.21 and it will not allow me to connect my headset period. It shows up quick and easy, but I either receive the error "Connection Failed: Connection Attempt Failed" or "Connection Failed: Host Down". I thought maybe it was something to do with my bluetooth adapter, but I am able to connect my phone with no problems. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X