This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings is messing with me

Every since daylight savings hit, my clock is one hour past. I have tried to apply an ntp server to get time, but System Settings Apply never changes the time. I have also run it as root, and I get the same results.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Re: Daylight Savings is messing with me

Is your bios clock set to UTC?

My clock widget has no time zones selected - If you select time zones, it offers a default of the time zone you've selected or local time.

Please Read Me

Comment

It seems DST information for your timezone is not updated, that is why your clock is hour back. The reason ntp server is not working is most probably that it is getting time in GMT+/- hours, and as it thinks your difference with GMT hasn't changed it is getting old time.

Try updating your system, there was a tzdata update couple of days ago, see if updating to it works, otherwise there is a manual solution.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Taking oshunluvr's advice, I found out that my BIOS was old. I went to Dell's website and found the bios. Then it started saying stuff about Windows this and that. I figured I'm screwed as 9.10 is the only OS on the drive. Low and behold, there was a Linux bios upgrade utility. Ran that little .bin file, latest bios, and my Kubuntu has the right time! 8)

Comment

Sweet - I had a temp problem for a year before I bothered to check the bios and update it. It's went away after the update - amazing! 8)

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X