This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: biting off more than I can chew -FDISK

Thank you oshunluvr! I did just as you said and it came up!
    Snowhog thanks for your help it was terrific! I followed it to the letter and that was the problem what you initially told me to edit to ftab was this

Then, edit your /etc/fstab file (as root) and add:
    # /dev/sdb1
    UUID=1c94956f-dc9f-4b5d-86d7-84f0da250c41 /data ext3 defaults 0 2
    When I realized it should have been this

Code:
    UUID=1c94956f-dc9f-4b5d-86d7-84f0da250c41 /data      ext3  defaults    0    2
    I went ahead and corrected it, but didn't say anything as I didn't want to be rude.The correction resulted in this.

then I went ahead and tried to mount the disk again typoed it, corrected and ran fdisk and that blkid thing again

Code:
    bryan@Photoframe:~$ sudo mount-a
    sudo: mount-a: command not found
    bryan@Photoframe:~$ sudo mount -a

bryan@Photoframe:~$ sudo fdisk -l
    From the post previous to your last one. I am sorry I should have pointed this out earlier but as I said I was trying not to be rude to someone who was trying to help a noob such as me.

Thanks again to everyone for thier help.
    3 machines running Kubuntu9.10 still working on the dual boot and sharing a printer with win 7

Comment

Glad we got it sorted out. Please edit your first post and add <Solved> or a similar comment to the subject line.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by converted tux
        Snowhog thanks for your help it was terrific! I followed it to the letter and that was the problem what you initially told me to edit to ftab was this

# /dev/sdb1
        When I realized it should have been this

Code:
        UUID=1c94956f-dc9f-4b5d-86d7-84f0da250c41 /data      ext3  defaults    0    2
        I went ahead and corrected it, but didn't say anything as >>>I didn't want to be rude.<<<

From the post previous to your last one. I am sorry I should have pointed this out earlier but as I said I was trying not to be rude to someone who was trying to help a noob such as me.
        I've got a thicker skin than that. Really, don't ever be hesitant to point out an error in a post - we are all human. But to be picky for a moment, this is what I actually posted:
        Posted by: Snowhog Posted on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:09 pm

Okay. First, you need to create a mount-point for this HD. Open a console and type:
        Code:
        sudo mkdir /media/data
        # /dev/sdb1
        So I did tell you to "mkdir /media/data" in the first action, but yes, I typoed in the second when I indicated /data instead of /media/data. So there. We both 'erred.'

But no matter, you got it straightened out with everyones help, and that's what it's all about.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: [solved] biting off more than I can chew -FDISK

Again snowhog thanks for your help.
          3 machines running Kubuntu9.10 still working on the dual boot and sharing a printer with win 7

Comment

Working...
          X