X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limewire and Google-chrome problem

Hi everyone,

I am a Kubuntu Karmic Koala user. Having some trouble using limewire and google chrome. Well the problem about Limewire is, it wont work. I cant start it. When i start it i get an error like below

Code:
    Starting LimeWire...
    Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
    Suitable java version found [java = 1.6.0_15]
    Configuring environment...
    Loading LimeWire:
    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0xb770d47e, pid=13920, tid=2640698224
    #
    # JRE version: 6.0_15-b03
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (14.1-b02 mixed mode linux-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [ld-linux.so.2+0x1647e]
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # /tmp/hs_err_pid13920.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    #  [url]http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp[/url]
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #
    ./runLime.sh: line 124: 13920 Aborted         ${JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR}java -Xms64m -Xmx256m -ea:com.limegroup... -ea:org.limewire... -Djava.net.preferIPV6Addresses=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog -Djava.library.path=. -Djna.library.path=. $EXECUTABLE -jar LimeWire.jar $ARGUMENTS

Something went wrong with LimeWire.
    Maybe you're using the wrong version of Java?
    (LimeWire is tested against and works best with with Sun's JRE, Java 1.6+)
    The version of Java in your PATH is:
    java version "1.6.0_15"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 14.1-b02, mixed mode)

Apparently it something about Java HotSpot server. I have sun java jdk and jre 1.6 installed. No idea how to solve the problem. Anyone that can help ?

And the problem about Google-chrome is when i start it i get the error below and it also doesn't start.

Code:
    [14423:14423:13899317349:FATAL:/usr/local/google/b/slave/chrome-official-linux/build/src/chrome/browser/browser_main.cc(755)] Check failed: profile. Cannot get default profile.
    Trace/breakpoint trap

Re: Limewire and Google-chrome problem

Have you tried using Frostwire it works for me.I'm new also so sorry can't help with Chrome.

Comment

The error with LimeWire looks like a bug for the developer to work on, not a packaging problem IMHO. Try an alternative Gnutella client like giFT, gtk-gnutella, or mutella. If you want a good bittorrent client then KTorrent is probably all you need.

With the help of Google translate I found a post in an Italian forum which suggests the Chrome profile problem is due to wrong ownership of configuration files. I don't know where chrome is looking for its profile data, but if you can figure that much out then check the permissions on that folder and all files contained therein. If any of them are not owned and read/write for you then change the ownership and permissions to be so.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

from where did you get your chromium browser? I had to manually add the ppa when I installed it via apt-get. when I upgraded from Hardy to Karmic, I had to update that ppa to Karmic and not Hardy. the solution to your problem could be that easy. otherwise, I'm no help because chromium is still in pretty heavy development. mine's kind-of running stable.

EDIT: I use Nicotine+ for P2P stuff on the SLSK network and GTK-Gnutella seems to be the best for the Gnutella network.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
        X