This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: CPU speed misread?

I'd figure I'd put this here since it's a n00b question and didn't know where else it would fit. I ran cat /proc/cpu info on kubuntu just to check out the stats. It read that its an AMD Turion dual-core mobile m520. Yet it said that the frequency is 800mhz. I could see if it read the speed and divided by two for the cores (800 x 2 = 1600). but that's kinda sketchy. I know my CPU is 2.3 GHz. Is this the front side bus reading? Or is my kubuntu misreading my machine?
    AMD 64 Turon X-2, 4GB RAM, Kubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit

Re: CPU speed misread?

Originally posted by thriller
    I'd figure I'd put this here since it's a n00b question and didn't know where else it would fit. I ran cat /proc/cpu info on kubuntu just to check out the stats. It read that its an AMD Turion dual-core mobile m520. Yet it said that the frequency is 800mhz. I could see if it read the speed and divided by two for the cores (800 x 2 = 1600). but that's kinda sketchy. I know my CPU is 2.3 GHz. Is this the front side bus reading? Or is my kubuntu misreading my machine?
    I'm not as hip to AMD processors as I used to be but chances are it's CPU throttling. In system settings --> advanced -->power management try setting the machine to the performance profile and see if things straighten up. On my netbook I've turned off throttling unless the machine is running on batteries.
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Re: CPU speed misread?

That did the trick, thanx!
      AMD 64 Turon X-2, 4GB RAM, Kubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit

Comment

Working...
      X