This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get wifi on a gateway laptop with a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter

I can't get wifi working on my gateway laptop. It has a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter. Can anyone help me?

Re: How to get wifi on a gateway laptop with a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter

Please tell us about your setup - 32-bit or 64-bit processor, and version of Kubuntu you are running.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

32-bit Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Could you also post the output of lspci please - that way your/we can see exactly which chip you've got and google it
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

i appreciate the help you all tried to give me but i fingered it out thank you

Comment

Tell us how you did it!

Other people might benefit from your solution.
            "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
            "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Know the feeling

Well done. Feel like sharing your secret, however easy/difficult it was? Could you also mark this thread as solved please so others can benefit?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Oops, arochester beat me to it
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
              X