X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPLIP 3.9.12

Hello all.
    Anyone know of scanner support in this latest version of HPLIP 3.9.12? I have an OfficeJet J4540. And, how do I install this package and what do I put in the repositories?

Oh, and I am running on Kubuntu 9.10.

Re: HPLIP 3.9.12

Look at this page first. Scroll down to the information about Ubuntu Against " Scan" it has Note 3. Note 3 says:

"Scan supported means that PC initiated scan using a SANE compatible software application is supported over parallel, USB, or network (depending on I/O connection). Information on digital sending products is covered in note 9, below."

So, you will probably have to install XSANE, which is already available from repository.

Usually XANE does not have a separate start-up/gui. Often you just open a Graphics program and scan from there. Have a look at https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/printing/C/scanning.html
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by DAB4970
      Hello all.
      Anyone know of scanner support in this latest version of HPLIP 3.9.12? I have an OfficeJet J4540. And, how do I install this package and what do I put in the repositories?

Read here: http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...all/index.html
      ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

My OfficeJet J4540 is in the list of supported printers on the HPLIP site, not in the list on Ubuntu's hardware support page. What would I put into the repository list in the Add/Remove Software -- Settings -- Edit Software Sources?

Comment

Look for and install skanlite. It's the KDE scanning utility.

Comment

HPLIP 3.9.12 is now installed and has scanner support for HP OfficeJet J4540 All-in-One. Works just fine, so far.

Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X