X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED!! Icons smaller after 4.4 upgrade and no visible options to resize

Not a show stopper...more cosmetic really

But I have noticed a couple of wee bugs after the upgrade to 4.4 which failed initially adnd I had to get help from another post to fix

Basically, all the icons on the desktop and panel are smaller than they were before

On the panel, resizing height doesn't change and the option to change icon size is greyed out in the system settings icon panel

On the desktop, if I unlock widgets and hover over an icon, the widget settings border appears but is completely blank, i.e no settings icons visible

Finally in Lancelot menu, the top bar where you could type and run applications is white and as the text is white, you can't see what you type!!

All very strange!

Is this something you have come across before? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything

Cheers

Raaj
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Viva Kubuntu!!
    Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
    2Gb RAM
    Oneiric Ocelot 11.10
    KDE 4.7.1

Re: Icons smaller after 4.4 upgrade and no visible options to resize

Originally posted by webheadjunky
    Finally in Lancelot menu, the top bar where you could type and run applications is white and as the text is white, you can't see what you type!!
    I've been in communication with the author of the Tragedy Plasma Theme which I use. In KDE 4.4.0, that theme creates visibility issues with displayed text for the icons (Descriptions) until you hover your mouse over them. I got that fixed with a work-a-round: Re: Lancelot Menu and icon text

But your comment caused me to try a search in Lancelot and I have the exact same issue - the typed text is almost the same color as the background of the text bar. I've contacted the Tragedy Plasma Theme author and let him know about that, with a screen shot of the problem, asking if he knows what settings in either of the two .config files control the color of the search bar text. If he does, and it works for me, I'll post the 'fix' in another reply.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Not a show stopper...more cosmetic really

But I have noticed a couple of wee bugs after the upgrade to 4.4 which failed initially adnd I had to get help from another post to fix

Basically, all the icons on the desktop and panel are smaller than they were before

On the panel, resizing height doesn't change and the option to change icon size is greyed out in the system settings icon panel
      for me most of the icons in the panel will resize as the panel highth is changed some like the quick acsess browser have thar own settings for size.

On the desktop, if I unlock widgets and hover over an icon, the widget settings border appears but is completely blank, i.e no settings icons visible
      are you by chance using the black glass theme?
      hear the black glass theme dose that but the rest like oxegen are fine in that respect.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks guys
        Theme is Oxygen Air but happy to try a different one if you have one you like that works well with 4.4
        Re-sizing panel height doesn't do anything for me to change size of panel icons unfortunately
        And still can't see vertical settings tab when I unlock widgets and hover over desktop icon
        Cheers
        Raaj
        Viva Kubuntu!!
        Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
        2Gb RAM
        Oneiric Ocelot 11.10
        KDE 4.7.1

Comment

I had the same problem with desktop icons! Here's how I fixed it. Right-click on the open desktop and select "View Folder and Activity Settings." Select "Display" on the left. Here there is an option to change the icon size. Try moving the bar to the right and hit apply. Let me know if it fixes it for you.

Comment

Re: SOLVED!! Icons smaller after 4.4 upgrade and no visible options to resize

Thanks for the advice guys
            I found the problem was my old theme
            As soon as I installed a new theme, I could see the missing text in Lancelot and the widget settings
            Cheers
            Raaj
            Viva Kubuntu!!
            Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
            2Gb RAM
            Oneiric Ocelot 11.10
            KDE 4.7.1

Comment

Re: SOLVED!! Icons smaller after 4.4 upgrade and no visible options to resize

If like me, you were using a dark theme (I use Tragedy), Lancelot is affected - the description text is almost invisible until you put your mouse cursor on it. A fix is posted here, which I used, and works. For me though, one small issue remains with this fix - text typed in the Lancelot Search bar is also 'invisible.' I've written the author of the Theme, who helped identify the first fix, for help on this one. When I here back from him, and if he has a solution, I'll post that as well.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X