This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kdesudo dolphin not working in 4.4

The fact that this issue doesn't affect all machines suggests it might be a config issue (for the root user)...you could try backing up your root's kde folder to see if it fixes the issue:
    Code:
    sudo mv /root/.kde /root/.kde_bak

Comment

I installed servicemenu-rootactions and it did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
        The fact that this issue doesn't affect all machines suggests it might be a config issue (for the root user)...you could try backing up your root's kde folder to see if it fixes the issue:
        Code:
        Tried your suggestion. No change.

Comment

Code:
          do you think this might have something to do with it. This is my user management consol.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k.../snapshot2.png

Comment

that seams to be a global kde 4.4 issue...

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3110047.0
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I copied the info in the terminal as it opens dolphin using kdesudo.

QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
              QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/paul/.config/ibus/bus/d3e1c92ef16af409404d7d8b4b735be1-unix-0
              Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
              IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon

dolphin(2475)/kio (bookmarks) KBookmarkManager::saveAs: KBookmarkManager::save "/root/.kde/share/apps/kfileplaces/bookmarks.xml"
              dolphin(2475)/kio (bookmarks) KBookmarkManager::KBookmarkManager: starting KDirWatch for "/root/.local/share//user-places.xbel"
              dolphin(2475)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkDatabase: We have no database.... launching kdeinit
              dolphin(2475)/kdecore (kdelibs) KToolInvocation::klauncher: klauncher not running... launching kdeinit
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_klauncher.so
              Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
              klauncher(2487)/kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on "local:/tmp/ksocket-root/klauncherMT2487.slave-socket"
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kded4.so
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.so
              klauncher(2487)/kio (KLauncher) KLauncher:rocessRequestReturn: "/usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4" (pid 2493) up and running.
              kbuildsycoca4 running...
              kbuildsycoca4(2493)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
              kbuildsycoca4(2493) KBuildSycoca::checkTimestamps: checking file timestamps
              kbuildsycoca4(2493) KBuildSycoca::checkTimestamps: timestamps check ok
              kded(2490)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
              klauncher(2487)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so
              klauncher(2487)/kio (KLauncher) KLauncher:rocessRequestReturn: "kconf_update" (pid 2495) up and running.
              "KConfigIni: In file /tmp/kde-root/kconf_updateQF2495.tmp, line 1: " Invalid entry (missing '=')
              Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
              dolphin(2475)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
              dolphin(2475)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("trash:/")
              Object::connect: No such slot DolphinSearchBox::slotClearButtonClicked()
              Object::connect: No such signal DolphinController::requestUrlChange(const KUrl&)
              dolphin(2475)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Reloading directory: KUrl("file:///root")
              "/usr/bin/dolphin(2475)" Error in thread 140090078590960 : "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
              dolphin(2475)/nepomuk (library) <unnamed>::GlobalModelContainer::init: Connecting to local socket "/root/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/socket"
              "/usr/bin/dolphin(2475)" Error in thread 140090078590960 : "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
              dolphin(2475)/nepomuk (library) <unnamed>::GlobalModelContainer::init: Failed to connect to Nepomuk server via local socket "/root/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/socket"
              "/usr/bin/dolphin(2475)" Error in thread 140090078590960 : "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
              dolphin(2475)/nepomuk (library) <unnamed>::GlobalModelContainer::init: Connecting to local socket "/root/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/socket"
              "/usr/bin/dolphin(2475)" Error in thread 140090078590960 : "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
              dolphin(2475)/nepomuk (library) <unnamed>::GlobalModelContainer::init: Failed to connect to Nepomuk server via local socket "/root/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/socket"
              kded(2490)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
              kded(2490)/ktimezoned KTimeZoned::checkTimezone: /etc/timezone: "America/New_York"
              kded(2490)/kded4 Kded::loadModule: Successfully loaded module "ktimezoned"
              dolphin(2475)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::instance: instance(): ... initialised
              dolphin(2475)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readConfig: readConfig(): local zone= "America/New_York"
              dolphin(2475)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readZoneTab: readZoneTab( "/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab" )

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48

Check that link - a 'fix' was identified, tested, and works. One affected python file. Edit it as root, make a single change to one line. After the change, User Management under System Settings now works.
                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by BigCityCat
                  Code:
                  do you think this might have something to do with it. This is my user management consol.

on my box I have full user managment ....................but kdesudo is still broken ....or some part tharein.....or a dbus usue?

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                    Originally posted by sithlord48

Check that link - a 'fix' was identified, tested, and works. One affected python file. Edit it as root, make a single change to one line. After the change, User Management under System Settings now works.
                    yes this fix solved both my problems. I did go into user management and gave myself sudo privileges which was un ticked. Not sure if that was necessary but I am using kdesudo now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
                      Code:

on my box I have full user managment ....................but kdesudo is still broken ....or some part tharein.....or a dbus usue?
                      go into your user and give yourself sudo privileges.

Comment

I did go into user management and gave myself sudo privileges which was un ticked. Not sure if that was necessary but I am using kdesudo now as well.
                        Go back in and uncheck that. You don't need to be a member of that group. In fact, adding yourself to sudo (or root for that matter) will likely put your system at risk from your self.
                        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: (solved) Kdesudo dolphin not working in 4.4

okay thanks. I did that kdesudo is still working. I'm not sure how cause all I did was use the user management fix and kdesudo was fixed as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X