This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Went Black Sleeping

I'm using Kubuntu through wubi on a laptop with XP. When I put it to sleep before and closed the lid I opened it later and the screen was black. I clicked the mouse and hit a few buttons but it didn't come back to the desktop. I had to turn it off via the power button. Anyone help?

Re: Screen Went Black Sleeping

I'm not running via wubi but I think the principle may still be the same.....

I assume you are trying to hibernate it (aka suspend to disk) so you can totally stop using power? In that case you will definitely need a swap file/partition so the machine state can be saved. If you have not got one of those then it won't work.

If, however, you are attempting to put the machine into a low power state (aka Suspend to RAM) then if my Dell Laptop is anything to go by Kubuntu support for this is not very good. There are a couple of things posted on this forum that you can try (just do a search of the forum for "suspend") but I have never got that function to work. Whether running via wubi makes it trickier I wouldn't know I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
    X