• Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtuoso-server: can't install due to un resolvible dependencies

virtuoso-server:
    Depends: virtuoso-opensource-6.0 but it is not going to be installed

am I missing a repository?

Re: virtuoso-server: can't install due to un resolvible dependencies

It does not appear that you need to install virtuoso-server. At a minimum, installing virtuoso-nepomuk will bring in what you need for strigi to work. I installed most of the rest of it just to play with it; which was everything except virtuoso-server, virtuoso-minimal, and the libvirtuoso5.5-cil thing for mono.
    FYI - If you install the whole thing, you should be able to get to the "conductor" administration module by pointing your web browser to http://localhost:8890/
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Im getting a headache, I have exactly the same problem, was working perfectly before KDE 4.4, Its feels like there are dependencies missing.
      (I was also looking and thinking that maybe im missing a repository LOL)

virtuoso-nepomuk is installed and thats all?

Cannot install virtuoso-server due to dependency problem, saying itself is missing LOL.

Strigi service is also not running, I checked and its now not even installed?

OMG, impossible situation, and have been searching on google for any solutions.
      Still early, so I hope this is fixed soon.

All my other multiple problems were solved with the new KDE 4.4 LOL

Oh, just checked, strigi-daemon is also reporting dependency problems.

Comment

I found this is in an Arch Forum:

Removing this:

~/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend. The latter
        is of course only recommend if you had not used nepumuk's tagging and
        comment features.

I then logged out, logged in and is now working for me. I solved it this way.

(The dependency problems with many things are still in the repositories)

Comment

Originally posted by doctordruidphd
          It does not appear that you need to install virtuoso-server. At a minimum, installing virtuoso-nepomuk will bring in what you need for strigi to work. I installed most of the rest of it just to play with it; which was everything except virtuoso-server, virtuoso-minimal, and the libvirtuoso5.5-cil thing for mono.
          FYI - If you install the whole thing, you should be able to get to the "conductor" administration module by pointing your web browser to http://localhost:8890/
          Yeh your right. I did install virtuoso-nepomuk. After logging in and out nepomuk began working. Thanks for your responce.

Comment

Working...
          X