This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox and Youtube - sporadic issues requiring restart

So I've seen the dozens of threads about how there's no sound in firefox with flash videos such as youtube, but I'm having a different problem - occasionally (well, frequently, but I've not seen a correlation with anything else except maybe locking my screen) firefox decides "Nope, sound won't work today". The sound stutters horribly, refusing to get past the first second or so of audio. The temporary fix is to go into the terminal, killall firefox, and restart it - sound will work perfectly then, even on the exact same video. What's causing this, and how can I kill it for good?

ETA: Right, sorry! I'm scatterbrained this morning.

Running Karmic (KDE 4.3.2) on a Thinkpad T500; currently using "HDA Intel (CONEXANT Analog)" as my sound device, though I had similar issues under Pulse before I had to reinstall. Amarok is version 2.2.0

Re: Firefox and Youtube - sporadic issues requiring restart

Without knowing the specs of your system and what version of Kubuntu and KDE you are running, a qualified answer isn't possible.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X