This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Network Kubuntu with Vista??????

I've been searching and searching and all I come back with is a bunch of code that I have no idea what to do with. Is there someone out there that makes something simple that you can network and share a printer between Kubuntu and Vista?

I have my office computer running Kubuntu, which also has the printer attached to it. My media machine downstairs is running Vista, which I'd like to be able to print and share files from.

I've been doing some reading that you need to use Samba. So, I installed Samba through Synaptic, and it appears that nothing happened. So, I did some more googling, and found I had to install something about system-config-samba, so I did. I now have a Samba icon under k-menu > System > Samba. However, when I click on this icon, nothing happens. It does nothing (just like clicking on the Network Manager icon, which does nothing as well). So, I am now utterly confused. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to change samba settings via gui? I'm not comfortable with typing unknown commands into the terminal, as usually there is no explanation as to what's going on. If there was a step by step explanation, that would be ok, but as of now, there is nothing.

Is there a simple setup tool out there?

Let me know.

Re: How to Network Kubuntu with Vista

A bit dated, but might still do the job: UBUNTU and WINDOWS VISTA :; Sharing Files
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X