X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sudo apt-get install nvidia-bl-dkms ERROR

hello, newbie here.

Macbook Pro 5-5, trying to get the screen brightness controls to work.

on the advice of an expert friend (and other forums) i opened up terminal, typed in "sudo apt-get install nvidia-bl-dkms pommed", it runs for a sec, then tells me:

E: couldn't find package nvidia-bl-dkms

googling this results in some Ubuntu posts, but not Kubuntu kde

btw, i have not yet tried to install pommed on its own

any advice?

Re: sudo apt-get install nvidia-bl-dkms ERROR

You haven't told us what version of Kubuntu you are using. On my Karmic, there is no package nvidia-bl-dkms in the repositories, thus, the error: E: couldn't find package nvidia-bl-dkms

It appears that it would be in a mactel PPA repository? You might want to read through MBP 5,2 -- Screen brightness on Ubuntuforums.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

whoops. i've got Karmic.

before i read your reply, i did get the repository and installed nvidia and pommed. the keyboard backlight works, but the screen brightness keys don't work. when i hit "brightness down/up", the percentage bar pops up in the middle (like with the volume, which works fine), but it is empty and grey, and displays no information.

i restarted the OS after i did the installs

7 bug fixes just showed up, so we'll see if anything changes after they're done

Comment

did the bug fixes, then restarted OS.

screen backlight hotkeys still don't work, though they are set properly in the power management settings.

Comment

Working...
        X