Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRUB/MBR problem (turn off boot flag/ uninstall GRUB)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GRUB/MBR problem (turn off boot flag/ uninstall GRUB)

Any ideas guys ?

Comment

Originally posted by kasei
      Any ideas guys ?
      Did you try 'fdisk /dev/sdb' them 'a' for toggle bootable flag?
      Boot Info Script

Comment

I do have an Idea....................copey off all importent files ......and start over.

you have just way to meney querks hear..........bootloader's all over the place when it's not nesesarey and even /boot partitions (well 1 but still not even nesesarey).......and missing/hidden windows boot files from wubi install's (not 1 of your NTFS partitions is showing the neaded boot files EXEPT the wubi boot)........and changed drives to go with it all.

so if it were me I'd copey off eneything importent .........get a Gparted livecd .........and wipe out all partitions and start from scratch setting up the drives as I neaded and then pick a windows OS install it ...... then Kubuntu...........or just Kubuntu

if you nead some ideas for partitioning skeems ask......................

but that's just me

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Amen to what Vinny said.
          Strip it down, get it simple, keep it simple
          Of course, I do appreciate that having to re-install Windows can present some challenges and requires some patience with some details.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X