Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KNetworkManager does nothing when I click on it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNetworkManager does nothing when I click on it.

When I click to open the KNetworkManager, nothing happens. I even tried reinstalling in through Synaptic, and nothing happens. The big reason I'm wondering about this, is I'm trying to install a wifi card through Ndiswrapper via ndisgtk, I click on the "configure network" button, but it says, "Could not find a network configuration tool.". Any ideas?

Re: KNetworkManager does nothing when I click on it.

Well, it still does nothing, but I can get to the manager by going K>System Settings>Network Settings.

After that, and using ndiswrapper, I got the USB wireless adapter to work. YEA! I'm pretty much "done" with this machine, which I plan to turn over to my father-in-law as a replacement internet browsing/email machine. This one works SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than his. His computer is actually slightly newer than this one, but it has so much junk, malware, and probably viruses (though I haven't found any), that it takes FOREVER to do anything. It takes about 5 minutes to boot up, which after that, everything just takes a very, very long time to work. I've tried to clean some things up, but it didn't help much, if any. Oh well. We'll see how he likes this one.

Comment

Working...
    X