Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless USB Cards. Which ones "work"??? (Linksys WUSB54GC doesn't work)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless USB Cards. Which ones "work"??? (Linksys WUSB54GC doesn't work)

Hello all.

I'm trying to get this computer set up for my father in law to use for general email and internet browsing. In his house, he does not have a cable outlet in the office, so he runs a wireless network. The only wireless card I have is a Linksys WUSB54GC, which appears not be be supported. I plug it in, a little box pops up for a second in the lower right hand corner that says, "network management", but quickly goes away. I mouse over the USB icon next to the time, and it says, "No devices plugged in".

I posted the question here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1359932
    But there wasn't an answer I was satisfied with (mostly blindly typing in a bunch of code I had no idea what it was doing).

Looking around, it looks like people have been having troubles with this USB adapter for at least 3 years now, which makes me wonder why it is still not supported after all this time.

Anyways, is there a USB wireless adapter that is supported and works "plug and play" with Kubuntu?

Let me know!

Re: Wireless USB Cards. Which ones "work" (Linksys WUSB54GC doesn't work)

Free Software Foundation - Networking » Wireless » Cards
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Wireless USB Cards. Which ones "work" (Linksys WUSB54GC doesn't work)

Thank you very much. Time to hit up Microcenter over lunch tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X