This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Adaptor Sees Every SSID Except my Own

Hello to all! I am a complete Linux newbie, and I am experiencing a bizarre (well for me anyway!) situation in which my usb wireless adaptor can see a ton of networks except for my own!

I was reading in the Ubuntu forums of a similar problem, but from what I could gather, the users were experiencing this difficulty because they had set their frequencies on European channels (i.e. 13 for 2.4 Ghz)

I am running Kubuntu 9.10, my router is a D-Link 825 (dir-825) dual band, and I'm using a Trendnet TEW-664UB USB wireless adaptor. The trendnet chipset is Ralink.

My channels are all on North American frequencies (2.4 GHz -11, 5 GHz - 36), but the trendnet adaptor sees every SSID in the neighbourhood except my own which are broadcasting from two feet away.

My machine is an XP dual boot, and there's no problem with the adaptor in XP.

Please help!!!! Thousand thank yous in advance!
    7Hawkeye is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Re: Wireless Adaptor Sees Every SSID Except my Own

Well, a simple question is, do you have your SSID set to 'hidden' - not broadcast?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the reply snowhog. No, my ssid is not hidden.

Comment

Well after a search which took me to the 9th circle of hell and back, the chipset was identified as RT2870. Linux drivers provided at ralink homepage. Release notes mentions something about fixing D-Link related errors.

Comment

Working...
        X