Lost my KDE start menu

Can some one tell me how to get the K menu back?? this is on Kubuntu 10.4

floydsp

Re: Lost my KDE start menu

Rt click the panel -> Unlock widgets
    Rt click the panel -> Add widgets...
    Select "Application Launcher" and then click Add widget
    Move it to wherever looks best for you
    Rt click the panel -> Lock widgets (so you don't accidentally delete it again)

Comment

helpful post, thanks

one question, how do you move it? mine has re-appeared on the far right.

i had a mouse moment. i have a dual boot system and some windows drivers leave the cirque trackpad mouse in a strange state. when i re-booted into karmic, the mouse went wild and klicked on everything causing chaos.
      luckily i was able to get a konsole up for long enough to shut down.
      it seems powering down isn't enough to clear this run away mouse condition as the stand by power keeps the mouse activated.
      i needed to turn it off at the wall for a couple of minutes

Comment

Click on the 'Cashew' icon at the right-end of the Panel. This will open another panel above the first. This indicates that the Panel is open for editing. Mouse on the Application Launcher icon and click and hold (left-click) and move it where you want and let go. Click on the 'Cashew' icon again to close the edit panel.

If you want to, you can right-click on an empty area of the Panel and select Panel Options > Lock Widgets to prevent you from accidentally moving/removing any Panel items.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X