This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPackage Bug Fixes ?

KPackage Bug Fixes - how do I work out which ones my system needs?

I don't want to get into a situation where I have loads of useless things on my machine - might as well go back to the dark side if that happens :P

So how do I figure this out - see I am a Kubuntu numpty
    Lenovo Thinkpad x230 Core i5vpro, 4G Ram, 320G HDD, Intel HD 4000.
    Running clean install of KUBUNTU 20.04 after years of running Ubuntu 18.04 then a week running Sabayon.
    Running clean install of KUBUNTU 18.04 after a couple of months running ArchLinux Manjaro

Re: KPackage Bug Fixes ?

It depends . What repositories you have enabled and how bleeding edge do you want to be. More of the repositories > FAQ: Repositories (link list).

The (K)Ubuntu policy /1/:
    Ubuntu releases a new version of its OS every 6 months. After a release, the version of all packages stays constant for the entire 6 months. For example, if Ubuntu ships with OpenOffice.org 2.0.x, it will remain at OpenOffice.org 2.0.x for the entire 6-month release cycle, even if a later version gets released during this time. The Ubuntu team may apply important security fixes to 2.0.x, but any new features or non-security bugfixes will not be made available.
    You will get only the important security fixes if you don't enable the optional repositories.

Useful > HOWTO find Kubuntu's manual / reference / guide / documentation / help

/1/ Quote is from > UbuntuBackports
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X