X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kde Sound card fallback and Wifi issue

Hello all,

Trying to find some help in resolving issues with my kubuntu install. I dual boot between windows and kubuntu. When I boot in to kubuntu most of the time I have no problems but every 3 or 4 boots KDE informs me that it discovered two audio devices and wants me to forget one. one is pulse audio and the other is the HDA Intel (ALC262 analog) it ask me to forget the HDA Intel device. I choose "no" from then on I have no sound and my wifi will not connect. My wifi will stop connecting every time I have to choose between the sound devices. I managed to set priority but when i boot in to kubuntu KDE always tells me that it has to fall back to pulse audio. BTW if i choose pulse audio when I get the device message the sound still does not work and I am unable to connect to my wireless network. Are sound and wireless related some how? and how can I have KDE use the right sound device all the time not just some of the time? I tried searching the forums but couldn't find my specific problem a lot of stuff to look through. Thanks for you time and patience.

Re: Kde Sound card fallback and Wifi issue

Hi

Is it possible that it is the other way around? (maybe both sound and wifi are kind of locked because you are coming from a windows boot). I am thinking a good test would be to shut down completely after windows. Not just reset. Then power on and try Kubuntu, and see if both wifi and sound work fine consistently this way. Who knows, you may be lucky

Comment

I wish that was the case but when I turn on my laptop for the first time I usually go in to kubuntu not windows. I have to reboot 1 or 2 times for kubuntu to boot up fine when this occurs. So it's not a reboot from one os to another. I am powering the laptop on and going in to kubuntu.

Comment

Too bad. How about this:
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3108441.0

You may want to start by upgrading alsa only and see if that helps. If not, you may try the rest. Maybe worth a shot ?

Comment

Same thing was happening to me. My audio is an Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02). I solved it by installing pulseaudio, which you will find, isn't installed. This solved everything concerning this 'issue.'
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

well I tried everything and I thought the problem was solved when it didn't happen for over a week then the monster that wouldn't die peeped his ugly head from my closet. KDE wants to get rid of one of my sound hardware still and nerfs the wifi in the process. I mean this really should have nothing to do with wifi at all. . any other suggestions to fixing this issue. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
            X