This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Booting Into Kubuntu Takes Infinite Time

I am VERY new to linux and this is the first time i installed a linux os on my windows pc but after i select the kubuntu option from the menu in the starting (this is the first time i am starting kubuntu after installing) a small window in the center of the screen comes saying heading/title "System Inatilisation"
    below that a loading bar comes which shows progress of inatilisation first it Searches for files-33% over then it copies files -66% over then it starts searching for mirrors and then there is no progress from there and it gets fully non-operational not that the system hangs but the loading process gets stuck at 66% and doesnt proceed from there and if i try to close the window a black screen with my cross shaped mouse pointer remains.

Can some 1 plz help me on what is happening and how can i use kubuntu avoiding this inatilisation??

Re: Booting Into Kubuntu Takes Infinite Time

searching for mirrors and then there is no progress
    When you are in Kubuntu are you able to browse the Internet?

Comment

In demo mode yes but when I install the os it just won't boot instead the above given problems are there

Comment

How do you try to close the window? How do you get the black screen?

One thing to try is Ctrl-C maybe that will stop the connection, also CTRL-ALT-F1 should show you the boot messages, maybe you can try CTRL-C there (also useful for debugging you'll see exactly what's the last message there), after you press CTRL-C you can try to switch back to windows with CTRL-ALT-F7.

If you do get a command prompt you can try to restart KDE with this command:

sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart

(wait also for other recommendations, I'm not that familiar with Kubuntu booting process)

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]Booting Into Kubuntu Takes Infinite Time

Thnx 2 all who helped me with this problem it is now solved as i did wat u told me to do and waited for about 2 hours then it became alright and now for the first time i am using kubuntu!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X