This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Screen Wallpaper

Does anybody know how to set a dual screen desktop background. I have 2 1440x900 monitors on which I can set the wallpaper to an image per screen, but I'm sure in 8.04 I used 2880x900 desktop backgrounds if I try that now it just scales it down and displays it one one screen.

Any ideas or pointers.

Ta very much.

Re: Dual Screen Wallpaper

What version of Kubuntu are you running, and what version of KDE?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't know if it is a limitation with Nvidia's twin view or KDE's plasma workspace (one session per screen), but I ran into the same issue. If I want to use a dual screen wallpaper now, I have been cutting the image in half with <insert your fav graphics image app here> and putting each half on each plasma workspace.

-Tram

Comment

I am now using 9.10 Karmic. I have also been either dividing wallpapers into two or duplicating wallpapers on each screen. I am using the nvidia driver.
        It's not the end of the world it would be just nice to be able to do it. Still I'd rather the initial nvidia dual screen config was sorted first, it's a bit hit and miss depending on the distro.

Comment

Working...
        X