This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"use opengl in cairo dock?" at startup

i recently started using cairo dock for its kool application launch facility..
    but the problem is... everytime i log in to kubuntu a stupid dialog box asks:
    "use opengl in cairo dock?"

they asked to attach -o at the end to suppress this dialog box.
    so i quitted the cario dock and opened the app with "cairo-dock -o"
    it did not show any dialog box then..

but next time when i booted comp.. at startup.. again that dialog box appeared.

i searched a bit.. and got to know kubuntu stores session of last time.. so it should have started cairo dock with -o parameter.
    i don't know if it did.. how do i ensure that.. or is there any workaround.

thanks in advance
    asus A52N
    Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
    windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Re: "use opengl in cairo dock?" at startup

if thars a menu entry your launching it frome you should be abel to rite click the Kickoff menu icon then click menu editor and navagate to the menu entry and click it then edit the comand line to what you nead.

but sence it's loading on start up mabey look at systemsetings>default applacations>?

or perhaps after you get it started it will have some setting's someware you could change?

hears some stuff on it I found and I see it's in synaptic so I may check it uot and get back to ya when I know it better

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CairoDock

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

OK so I wint ahead and insalled it from synaptic.

when synaptic sead it was done I found 2 launchers in the menu under Kickoff>applacations>utilities

1 for opengl and 1 withought

both work

rite clicking the dock gets a menu with lots of options one of witch WAS launch at startup after clicking it once it was gone forever and now controling wether it runs at startup is in system settings and you can controle wether it launches with the -o option or not (mine is by default)

it's for me Kickoff>system settings>advanced>autostart

and the cairo dock is the top line clicking it and then propertys and then the aplication tab and you can set the launch comand.

and hear it's
      cairo-dock 2.0.9
      KDE 4.3.3
      Kwin runing not compiz
      Kubuntu 9.10
      2.6.31-16-generic

I have not yet rebooted but did login and out severall times to check the autostart and not setings and never got you'r error/anoince at login..........but as I sead mine has the -o option for the launch comand as default.

☯VINNY☯

16GB RAM

Comment

hey thanks vinny..
        dock is working fine now.. without the irritating openGL dialogue.

i followed the auto start function you said.

the problem was i had unchecked the autostart function of cairo-dock.. and was relying on kubuntu session.

i closed cairo-dock completely, checked autostart, ensured the command is cairo-dock -o.
        and now the problem is solved.

vinny you rock 8)
        asus A52N

Comment

but now another problem has cropped up
          now when i restart the comp.. two docks appear one on another..

i may be wrong but i think.. kubuntu tries to restore the old session in which cairo dock was open + auto start cairo dock (.. which works fine bTW)

gotta sort this out i guess
          asus A52N

Comment

Hi.
            I had to same problem, and I fixed it by adding a scirpt which contained -
            Code:
            killall cairo-dock
            in the autostart menu, and I configured it to run on shutdown. Here is a screenshot -
            [img width=400 height=310]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1295/autostart.jpg[/img]

I hope this helps. :-)

PS : It takes an awful amount of time to register. I live in Delhi, and that is the capital of India. Nobody says New Delhi! In case you're wondering, that was a question I had to answer to register.

Comment

hi vish.. welcome to kubuntu forums
              good idea..
              even i will do that instead of starting with new session everytime. provided the sideeffect gets resolved.
              i don't know why.. but cairo dock makes video playback impossible on my laptop.
              the problem persist even if i remove cairo-dock from startup and then launch it after boot up.
              when ever i start cairo dock.. video can not be played after that.
              i wonder if you encounter with same problem.
              asus A52N

Comment

YES, YES, I have! I thought it was cairo, but I wasn't too sure. Now I am. The surprising thing is, as you said, it screws the video playback even when it's switched off. Hmmm ... Now that I know it's cairo. I'll look for a solution. Maybe even file a bug report.

Comment

I'v onley had the vid problem with the GLX-dock the non GL dock dosent kill my vid!!

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Vish
                    PS : It takes an awful amount of time to register. I live in Delhi, and that is the capital of India. Nobody says New Delhi! In case you're wondering, that was a question I had to answer to register.
                    Welcome to KFN. Not to be an 'ugly' American, but:
                    When India gained independence from British rule in 1947, A new capital city, New Delhi, was built to the south of the old city during the 1920s. New Delhi was declared its capital and seat of government. As such, New Delhi houses important offices of the federal government, including the Parliament of India, as well as numerous national museums, monuments, and art galleries.
                    KFN has had it's share of 'bots' getting through. The current registration schema used by KFN is intended to greatly reduce this, and so far, seems to be working.
                    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

@vinny: i used the non-GL of cairo dock.. still it caused the problem with video playback

@vish: you will have to restart the computer to get the video playback back running

@snowhog: yes, the new capital city was built as New Delhi, but since the area spanned across by the National Capital is very large it engulfed the old delhi into it. So now the old city area is termed as purani Delhi literary meaning Old Delhi
                      Moreover, in Constitution of India Schedule 1, the Union territory is named simply as Delhi
                      But for normal use, New Delhi and Delhi are inter-changeably used..so much so tht..airport and railway stations are named as new delhi!
                      In fact in medieval times it was also termed as Dilli
                      asus A52N

Comment

Working...
                      X