This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xfce4 - screen lock wont turn off

My computer has been set to lock screen when screensaver comes up, and now I cant login anymore, even if i put the right password. :S whats wrong?

This actually concerns xubuntu and not kubuntu. Thank you for ansewring anyway

Re: Xfce4 - screen lock wont turn off

There are really only two possibilities, I think:

- some corruption of the filesystem/password file (not very likely, but possible)

- for some reason, you actually are not entering the correct password (stuck Caps Lock or other key, some other user actually set the screen saver, etc. etc. ...)

That's probably as much help as you are going to get, with that particular problem. If you are unable to enter the correct password, then you can boot a Live CD to recover your data, and then reinstall your OS to restore the computer to usefulness.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      There are really only two possibilities, I think:

- some corruption of the filesystem/password file (not very likely, but possible)

- for some reason, you actually are not entering the correct password (stuck Caps Lock or other key, some other user actually set the screen saver, etc. etc. ...)
      If you put the wrong passwor or nothing at all it says wrong password, but otherwise it just loads and then screen is blank again. Then about that corruption of the filesystem etc. I do not know

Comment

You can take a look at FAQ #10 in the link in my signature, in case the filesystem is too full, or something like that. To restart the computer, you can use the Alt-PrtScn R S E I U B method, and then choose Recovery Mode from the boot menu (if it has one).

For obvious reasons, we're not able to advise on how to defeat the security features ....

Comment

Working...
        X