This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Player keeps disappearing

Ever since upgrading to KDE 4.3.4, I've been having many issues with media problems while surfing the internet, most dealing with flash player. It's at the point where any flash content now just shows up as a grey box where it should be, which makes watching Youtube videos impossible. Flash player is installed, and has been reinstalled as well using the terminal. Any suggestions?

Re: Flash Player keeps disappearing

Never mind, turns out when it updated it installed the 32 bit version instead of the 64, and then the terminal code was wrong as well >_<

Comment

I am running the 64b KK with the latest updates. I've observed that when ever the kernel, headers or media files update then flashplayer quits playing, showing the light grey screen you describe.

I use Synaptic to reinstall flashplugin-installer and things are OK again.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

my flash player seams to work 99% of the time, but sometimes will randomly die untill i restart any browser that is using it.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X