X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to loose my mind

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

I need to run Kdevelop, to program in C. However I can't for the life of me install it.

I searched for it with KPackage Kit, it didn't find it.
    I entered sudo aptitude search kdevelop into the terminal, also for no result.
    I downloaded a tarball i think its called but have no idea what to do with it after reading up on them.

It's probably because its kinda late, but i just feel like I'm being mauled by walls of text.

Could someone please explain to me in dumb terms how to install kdevelop, I guess I've gotten way to used to installing program by just clicking next over and over.

Re: I'm about to loose my mind

open Kpackagekit and click settings then click eddit software sorses and make shuer all the boxes are checked on the Kubuntu software tabe then close and click apply.

now go to the updates tabe and click refresh..........install eney updates if you like ..........now redo your seartch for Kdevelop .

it IS in the repos and in universe...........I wouldent mess with the tar ball yet.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: I'm about to loose my mind SOLVED

Thx alot!!!

Already programing owe ya one, the answer always seems so obvious when you have it :P.

Comment

Re: I'm about to loose my mind SOLVED

You might try synaptic instead of kpackagekit. It's in the repository
        sudo apt-get install synaptic

Under the file menu it has a history of the files you installed or removed listed under the day you added and removed them. Makes a nice reference. it also is more logically laid out and easier to use.

BTW, if you see my mind walking by would you tell it to come home? I miss it!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X