This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About user's memory..

Ok, i am totally new to Kubuntu, i installed it yesterday and i like it ...i had a lot of problems with sound, but that's much better now (only Amarok doesn't have any sound but that much better then yesterday ). I might have installed various different things while following tips on how to fix sound issues...Now Kubunutu is telling me that i have low space...(something like less than 100mb). I don't believe that i could have spent all 50gb with just sound drivers and firefox...
    My questions are:
    1) How can i check how much memory do i have left on the hard drive?
    2) How can i give make linux give more memory to my user (Because i am guessing that that is a problem, than Linux restrict the users memory or something like that)

Thanks in advance!

Re: About user's memory..

That would be #16 on the FAQs in my signature.

Comment

Re: About user's memory..

Without knowing anything about your system, I would guess that something went wrong with your installation and you wound up wasting a lot of space. Personally, I have both KDE and Gnome installed. If you subtract my music collection, I'm using less than 15 GB. Of course, I don't have windoze. I would check the way your disk is currently partitioned. Please read the references provided in the previous post before you do anything drastic.

Comment

Working...
      X