This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinons: KMail vs. Thunderbird

When I tried importing the mail from Thunderbird, I did not get the "inbox" structure that I was expecting. Should Kmail create a folder structure similar to Thunderbird? It was several (20 or so) items and the Inbox structure was not like thunderbird.

Comment

I did not get the "inbox" structure that I was expecting
      As I can remember imported folders are placed in KMail in a special folder and it is necessary to move them to proper places, in some cases whole folders, in other cases posts. Or you can rename the folder with imported mail to Archive.
      Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

I use both.
        One problem I have with Kmail in KDE 4 is that I cannot figure out how to jump to first unread message.
        I select the behaviour I want but it still reverts to opening older messages.
        I had this behaviour with JJ and now with KK (fresh install).
        Surely I am not the only one with this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by robfish
          I use both.
          One problem I have with Kmail in KDE 4 is that I cannot figure out how to jump to first unread message.
          I select the behaviour I want but it still reverts to opening older messages.
          I had this behaviour with JJ and now with KK (fresh install).
          Surely I am not the only one with this problem.
          Hmm, that's weird. I just tested that behaviour with KMail (by setting the "When entering Folder" setting to "Jump to first unread or new message") and it seemed to work perfectly. For what it's worth, you can also assign a shortcut to "jump to next unread message" and then hit that key when entering a folder.

Comment

Working...
          X