This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash video (youtube) in Karmic - Firefox 3.5.5

I'm having trouble watching youtube videos with Karmic 9.10 x64 and Firefox 3.5.5.

What is happening is that none of the controls work. The video plays, but I cannot control Play/Pause, volume, or the scroll bar.

I've reinstall flash, followed a couple of other posts, and reinstall firefox. But none of these things have helped.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Re: flash video (youtube) in Karmic - Firefox 3.5.5

Until you find the solution, you can install MediaPlayerConnectivity Plugin for Firefox and watch videos in an external video player.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I don't think that it's a Kubuntu problem. For grins, I went to Konqueror and the video controls work fine.

I'll start digging through Firefox forums unless someone here knows what might be happening.

Comment

when you uninstall firfox you could try the purge option (man apt-get) to remove setup and config files that may be refubaring you'r player controls on a reinstall.

even after purgeing you may want to go looking for hiden mozila/firefox files left over in your /home DIR.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

[SOLVED] flash video (youtube) in Karmic - Firefox 3.5.5

VINNY, You are DA MAN!

What I've done for a long time is just backed up the Firefox profiles in ~/.mozilla/firefox directory. I backed up my bookmarks from the bookmark manager, purged firefox and then reinstalled.

All my flash controls work fine now.

THANKS VINNY!!!

[EDIT]
          I thought I had it working. But after some time, the flash controls quit working again.

ACK!!

Comment

Something wrong with the permissions or ownership of your config files?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X