X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact - Login Error

Hi Guys,

When I send/receive in Kontact (Kmail etc), my messages send and receive OK, but I keep getting this message:
    [ Could not login. The password may be wrong.
    The server said: "Login failed." ]

However, the password is correct, and it does login, and send and receive mail.
    I guess the problem isn't a "biggie", but it's just getting a bit annoying with this message that keeps popping up every time I go to send and received.

Any tips, tricks or advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    ================================<br />&quot;Kubuntu, What a Catch! It&#39;s Marvelous!&quot;<br /><br />Local Id: OPM595<br />&quot;Central Commentry Position&quot;<br />The SCG,&nbsp; Sydney, Australia<br />================================

Re: Kontact - Login Error

How many accounts do you have defined in Kmail? (Kmail / settings / configure Kmail / Identities). You may have accidentally created a (partial) duplicate account when you were setting it up (so it's really trying to check the same account twice, once with a missing/wrong password).
    Kubuntu 9.10 i386; Ubuntu 8.04 on Xen; Maemo 5

Comment

Re: Kontact - Login Error

Thanks cowb0y,
      Just checked profiles and all my other settings and all looks correct to me.
      I've actually been using the same settings (POP / SMTP) in Evolution for the past three years without any probs. However, I've just installed Kubuntu 9.10 amd64 last week on this brand new system, and I'm still ironing out a few teething problems, such as this one. Guess I'll just keep tinkering around with it a while more, see how I go.

Cheers,
      Rob
      ================================<br />&quot;Kubuntu, What a Catch! It&#39;s Marvelous!&quot;<br /><br />Local Id: OPM595<br />&quot;Central Commentry Position&quot;<br />The SCG,&nbsp; Sydney, Australia<br />================================

Comment

Working...
      X