X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] No media found

Hi

I have a multi-boot setup with several distros installed on different partitions, and an NFTS partition with all my bulky video and photos etc. In other distros (ubuntu, PCLOS, puppy, fedora and others) all the other partitions show up, so I can mount them and retrieve data.

However in Kubuntu I can't find them. They do not show up in Kwikdisk or in Dolphin. The only time they show up (that i have found) is when I try to retrieve bookmarks in Firefox. Firefox can see the other partitions, but because they are not mounted I can't even use them in Firefox.

Any ideas anyone? I have googled this and searched on the forums but didn't find anything.

Thanks
    Chris
    Newly obsessed Linux newb.  Currently multi-booting PCLOS 2009.2, Win7, Ubuntu 9.10, LinuxMint 8, Puppy 2.3.1, Fedora 12, and KUBUNTU 9.10!

Re: No media found

Welcome to KFN. What version of Kubuntu are you running?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. I'm on 9.10.

I've just noticed something else as well. I'm in Linux Mint 8 at the moment (based on Ubuntu 9.10), and i have just retrieved Firefox 3.5 bookmarks in the same way as I described above, but it just prompted me to mount sda12 (my NTFS partition) when i clicked on it, asked for my password, then mounted it. So Firefox can obviously do this in Mint but not in Kubuntu.
      Newly obsessed Linux newb.  Currently multi-booting PCLOS 2009.2, Win7, Ubuntu 9.10, LinuxMint 8, Puppy 2.3.1, Fedora 12, and KUBUNTU 9.10!

Comment

Install ntfs-config

Comment

Worked! Thanks.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] No media found

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X