This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Wine

So i have just switched from windows xp to kubuntu and i used to play the game fear combat on windows with no problems. i heard you could play it with a program named wine so i did some researched downloaded wine and checked the wine database to see if fear combat woyuld run. it says it should run perfectly. But when i open it it gets to the part were you have to agree to the user agreement and it wont let me select "i Agree" has anyone else had this problem? this also happend the same way for combat arms when i tryed it

Re: Help With Wine

Use your 'tab' key to get to the agree button and then press Enter.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i tryed that but it just wont let me

Comment

i am a bit confused is it wine that you can't click accept on ? if so ....,
        try installing wine via the command line open your Konsole look in your menu or press alt+f2 then type in konsole. to install wine use this command
        [code=run in konsole]sudo apt-get install wine[/code] (don't remember exactly what for wine)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi

When you say you "downloaded" wine is that actually what you did i.e download a file and install it or did you do it through your package manager? The latter is by far the best way to do it.

Ian

Comment

Working...
          X