This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloading Kubuntu 9.10

I have kubuntu feisty and I want to upgrade to 9.10 - I understand that I need to download it and then burn it to a cd.
    When I click download on the website I get the options "open with" or "save as" which do I go for??
    BW

Re: downloading Kubuntu 9.10

I would suggest downloading 'save as'. It should automatically save it as an *.iso . Then, put in a blank CD and burn the image to a disc.

Comment

Re: downloading Kubuntu 9.10

BEFORE you burn a CD using the downloaded ISO file, run an md5sum check. In a Konsole enter

md5sum nameofdownloaded.iso

and compare the value of the hexadecimal number it gives you with the md5sum number posted on the website from which you downloaded the iso. IF they are not EXACTLY the same then the ISO did not download properly.

If the two numbers are the same then burn the CD using TAO and at under 10X. (TAO - Track At Once).

Then, boot the LiveCD and use the option on it that checks the CD. If the check comes back saying all is ok then boot the LiveCD. Otherwise, reburn the ISO again at a slower speed.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X