This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the world of Kubuntu

So last night I installed Kubuntu 9.04 from a disc in a magazine. Immediately after I did the upgrade to 9.10. I would like to ask a few questions though.

While it's not really important, but doesn't Kubuntu come with any games? Somehow mine didn't, maybe that's normal. Is there a basic game package to install to get a few?

My other question is how do you uninstall programs. I'm in system settings right now, looking at the Add or Remove options, but nothing is listed

Also, the taskbar seems kind of glitchy. I rearranged the clock, notification area, the desktop viewer, and desktop selector but they were automatically rearranged into weird places while restarting.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks

Re: New to the world of Kubuntu

Install the package called "kdegames". No games are installed by default because of space limitations on the CD.

If you know the name of the package you want to remove, simply enter its name into the edit field and press enter -- then click on the 'X' in the action column to mark it for removal -- then click apply...

After setting up your taskbar and desktop as desired, rt click the panel and select "Lock widgets"

Comment

Thanks for the help, that answered all my questions. Although, I followed the guide in this forum to install Flash but for some odd reason I can't get any sound from Youtube. However it works any other place, from Amarok, and I can hear the logout sound.

Comment

Originally posted by psam3
        Thanks for the help, that answered all my questions. Although, I followed the guide in this forum to install Flash but for some odd reason I can't get any sound from Youtube. However it works any other place, from Amarok, and I can hear the logout sound.
        I had that same problem when I first put on kubuntu, I would recommend restarting your broswer, or if that doesn't work, log out and log back in.

Comment

Originally posted by psam3
          Some of the youtube films get there sound removed due to licences so look around if that is not the issue. Als don't forget to get as many codecs installed through add/remove as you can. This is because sometimes embedded films have rare codecs used for sound. (some ppl never learn).

Comment

You will probably need to install the Medibuntu repository in order to get the codecs that you need. Please review this page at the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki for instructions.

Comment

Working...
            X