X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting

Okay, so I found this in the syslog on the server:

Code:
    Nov 27 16:57:39 kisutch mountd[11077]: refused mount request from 192.168.1.101 for /home/cori/Music (/home/cori/Music): unmatched host
    But... unmatched where?

Comment

The problem is your exports file on your NFS server. You only allowed a subset of ip addresses to establish NFS connections. Change the ip address info to be like I showed in my last post and it should work.

Just to be more clear it should look like:
      Code:
      /home 192.168.1.0/24 (rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
      /usr/local 192.168.1.0/24 (rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
      On a side note, You should really only uses the sync option with NFS if you need to. It causes NFS's performance to degrade because each I/O call won't complete until it's been flushed (i.e. been written on the server).

Also, you really only need to specify subtree_check if you want it on since the default these days is no_subtree_check.

3nd edit: Don't forget to rerun "sudo exportfs -ra" after you update /etc/exports.

Comment

Oh! That worked! Thanks

Comment

@tnorris, nice i will keep a note of that when the time comes for me to expand my shares.

@wfischer, good to see your problem is fixed. please edit the subject of the first post so it starts w/ [solved], so others with a similar problem can find help here

Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X