This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Restricted Extras

I am trying to install kubuntu-restricted-extras but keep running into problems. Multiverse is enabled and mediubuntu repository installed with gpg key.

From the package manager if I select restricted... and apply off it goes and looks hopeful but then it doesn't add the package.
    From the command line sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras it gets as far as installing java, displays the licence screen but doesn't provide a prompt for me to answer Y .... and that's as far as I can get.

I then have to abort the session and mess around with dpkg and apt-get to resolve the broken packages I have just caused by aborting the session ..... any ideas please ?

Re: Install Restricted Extras

That's a common problem -- at the Java screen, try pressing TAB key to jump to that magic Yes box. It's there, but not immediately apparent.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

KDE by default uses xine and it's better NOT to install gstreamer.
      ɹƃ˙nʇunqnʞ

Comment

i had a similar issues when trying to install "kubuntu-restricted-extras" check and make sure you have the mulitverse enabled in your /etc/apt/sources.list file even thought i had it enabled in synaptic (and kpackagekit) for some reason it was still commented out in my sources.list.

i hope that helps you
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

SOLVED - Install Restricted Extras

Thank you all

The tab key did it ... so annoying. For future readers:-

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras with the multiverse repository enabled 1st.

Once the java licence screen pops up just hit the tab key ... dont scroll or do anything else ... just hit the tab key.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond_gr
            KDE by default uses xine and it's better NOT to install gstreamer.
            Personally it didn't work for me either. I test myself on KDE. The above information is info I got from a site that I wrote a HOW TO install it. So here what I did.

I installed Synaptic Package Manager (it's something I know most and a friend that uses KDE told me).

Then I installed the extras from there.

As for you, I can think that the update is locked or you must change the repositories source (sometimes happened to me and changed location to local servers and worked).
            ɹƃ˙nʇunqnʞ

Comment

Working...
            X