This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird Error...

This is a sad link. Probably born out of frustration, but don't take it out on members trying to help.

Qqmike is right on with using a LiveCD. In fact I just did that. Having issues with one of my partitions.

Even if you thought you needed to reinstall, you could do so to another partition and leave the old one intact.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Re: Weird Error...

Originally posted by verndog
      This is a sad link. Probably born out of frustration, but don't take it out on members trying to help.
      The thread? Yeah, it is sad.

Even if you thought you needed to reinstall, you could do so to another partition and leave the old one intact.
      The thing is, he most likely does not need to install. It looks to me like he got halfway through the nVidia driver install, found himself confronted with the command line, and panicked. If he would simply complete the driver install from the command line, as instructed, his desktop would probably return to him.

I feel some sympathy for those who have been conditioned by years of Windows failures to scrap everything and start from scratch every time something goes wrong. I don't know whether that is the case with OP or not, but it is certain that he is giving up too easily when the problem is easily solved with a little more work.

Admittedly, I was quite surprised the first time an upgrade left me with no desktop. I still think this is a very unhappy circumstance for users to find themselves in, but I don't honestly know what could be done to avoid it. Folks should have the patience to learn a bit more about their systems before giving up IMHO.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
      X