X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash and konqueror

Hi,

Due to recent problems with Firefox I've switched to Konqueror; very impressed with it as a browser but I'm having trouble with flash.
    Seems to work on some sites eg YouTube but not others eg the quiz at stuff.co.nz
    Have Adobe 10 installed on Karmic, and under Firefox flash was fine across the board: any ideas on what I can do to fix this situation?
    Read some people had success downgrading to flash 9 but others said it made no difference, so want to know whether I'm overlooking anything obvious before trying that.

Thanks,

Blair

Re: Flash and konqueror

I took a quick look at the quiz site you mentioned and I did not observe a specific problem with Flash. What I did notice was Konqueror blocking some Javascript calls. That could be part of the problem. Try disabling any filtering Konqueror is doing and try again. I didn't investigate any further.
    linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Same here, although Hulu, for instance, doesn't run in Konqueror for me. I just keep a few browsers always around: Opera, Konqueror, Firefox. One of them always works It seems as if, although Flash is a plugin, it does work different in each browser, go figure!

Cheers!

Comment

Tanks for your ideas,

Disabled filtering in Konqueror and didn't seem to make a difference, so I'll just keep firefox in reserve for the morning trivia quiz

Blair

Comment

Working...
        X