This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run exe on kubuntu?

HI i got a doubt....i need to run an exe file with kubuntu its just a debugger that i need for cracking some programs and i would like to run it on kubuntu...(doesnt need to install) i could go to windows but im lazy and i like kubuntu so i was wondering if i could run it on kubuntu...how should i do it? wine thanks

Re: How to run exe on kubuntu?

If the EXE is a M$ Windows type application, then yes, WINE would be the only way I know that will run that. Alternately you can use VirtualBOX or VMWare and run a virtual Windows Environment.

Comment

ok but this exe im telling u its not installing anything at all it just runs it so either way should work with wine? (its called olleydebuger take it a look if u want to know)

Comment

Unless you are running a Windows VM the only way to run a .exe file is with wine.

As wine is in the repos you lose nothing by installing it and trying it out.

Comment

It doesn't actually have to be an installer EXE. Actual program EXEs can work under WINE. Install WINE once done, run the EXE (which in this case is an application not an installer) and it should come up.

Comment

Working...
          X