X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound is somewhat gone..?

So, hi everybody!

I have this problem. I installed Kubuntu 9.10 yesterday, so I thought it would be fun to play around a bit. I went ahead and installed AWN (avant-window-navigator). After some unsuccessful fooling around, I decided to delete it. I did, and went on rebooting, now this is when it ****ed up the computer.

For some reason, my sound stopped working when I removed AWN. When I boot up X now, I get this notification:

Code:
    Phonon: KDE's Multimedia Library

The audio playback device HDA NVidia (ALC883 Analog) does not work.
    Falling back to HDA NVidia (ALC883 Digital).
    The thing is though, when I go into the multimedia system settings and check if the Analog device is working, it gives back a positive (it plays a sound). The other options however don't (digital etc). So, somehow the computer thinks that the Analog device is broken, so it has to use the Digital one, but the Analog device isn't damaged at all. Instead, I get no sound at all, except for when I test the analog device.

The analog device is ranked highest (i.e. is on the top of the list of "prefered" devices in system settings), so... well, I don't know what to do. Anyone ever heard of this?

Re: Sound is somewhat gone..?

I had a similar problem. After selecting the preferred device don't forget to click on Apply. I restarted and sound worked fine again.

Comment

Working...
    X