Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB and Sound problems and a weird thing I noticed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB and Sound problems and a weird thing I noticed.

Hey, I'm having trouble with my USB ports and my Sound.

Sound, it works ok, sometimes, I can have something playing in VLC and later it will play, but there's no sound, I've checked all the things in the mixer and they're ok, same goes with sound in Firefox, Amarok, ect..

USB, some times it works, but then it will disconnect all of the sudden for no reason, almost like it's timing out on a connection or something, down there in my little device thingy I can have something plugged in and it doesn't show, works that way with my cddvd too.

And finally, I found something REALLY weird, my computer says that there are two users, but I only have it set up for one, or so I think, is there a way to find out for sure if there's not some other account somehow on here or something?

These are really the only bugs I notice that really bug me, any help is greatly appreciated.

-Jimmy
    Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Re: USB and Sound problems and a weird thing I noticed.

the USB thing im not shur about but user deal is a knowen glitch....so dont worey to mutch about that hear see mine

vinny@desktop:~$ users
    vinny vinny
    vinny@desktop:~$
    some times it even goes up to 3

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Does anyone else know anything about the problems I'm having, or how I could figure out where my sound and devices keep going?

Btw, thanks Vinny.
      Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Comment

After upgrade to Karmic I have the same problem with disks, sometimes I do not see USB disks and even internal disks. I hope somebody can solve it here.
        It is still possible to mount and unmout disks the old way in shell, but I thought I would never need it again.
        Code:
        sudo fdisk -l .... it shows names of disks, for example /dev/sdb1 can be USB disk
        sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/sdb1  ... you can find /media/sdb1 content in Dolphin
        sudo umount /media/sdb1 .. save removal
        When I had this problem yesterday it repaired after restart.
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
        X