X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Solved) get sound on your system

Hi all,

I 've installed 9.10 on a Samsung netbook, and it has sound capability but for some reason, when I upgrade to 9.10. I have lost that capability. I don't get anything now, not even a start up sound. When I try to play a music file using Amerok, nothing load. I could hear anything either.

Can someone point me to a direct where I need to troubleshoot my system? thanks.

//ed

After a reinstall, got sound again.... not sure what went wrong!

Re: get sound on your system

My guess, your speakes are turned down in the alsa mixer. I happened to me after my upgrade and from what I can gleam alot of others with intel sound.

1.launch a terminal,

2.type "alsamixer"

3.hit your right arrow until you land on "PC Beep", you'll now see two "speaker" colombs. Crank em all the way up.

hopefully you now have sound. Worked for me!

Comment

Re: get sound on your system

You may not need to go to alsamixer. (I'm not even sure that's installed by default.) There should be a dark area in your bottom panel (the system tray). In the system tray, there should be a little loudspeaker symbol. That is the launcher for the standard KDE audio settings app KMIX, which (I believe) is installed by default. Crank up the slider that you see when you click on the loudspeaker symbol, or click on the mixer button to get more complex adjustments (if you have a multi-speaker system) system.

Comment

Working...
      X