This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu one integration <Resolved>

Ubuntu one integrates with regular ubuntu with little or no action from the user. kubuntu is not so straight forward.

What do I have to do...

Re: Ubuntu one integration

Originally posted by PendragonUK
    Ubuntu one integrates with regular ubuntu with little or no action from the user. kubuntu is not so straight forward.

What do I have to do...
    nether is your queshton?
    are you looking to install the client and server?

I do see it in Kpackagekit though!!
    is that what you were after?
    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Sorry if my question is vague, it sort of required the reader to know what happens in regular ubuntu.

With ubuntu, you go to the web site sign up for "ubuntu one" then the next time you boot your PC there is a new folder in home called ubuntu one and you can use it. I have no idea how the magic works but it does.

I would like a magic folder in home called ubuntu one that syncs automatically.

I have one for dropbox that syncs between this PC and my windows 7 netbook. I thought that if Canonical was going to give me another 2Gb I would grab it.

Comment

you simply have to install the package ubuntuone-client-gnome using kpackagekit and it will run in kubuntu just fine, though there is no file-manager integration as it has in Ubuntu. the ubuntu-one applet does create the "Ubuntu One" directory, and anything placed in there is synced between all your other (Ubuntu/Kubuntu) machines running ubuntu one

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X