X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.10 on Laptop EVO N1015V

Hi,

I have tryed to install Kubuntu 9.10 (and olso ubuntu 9.10) on a Compaq Notebook Evo N1015.

After initial menu for choosing language, if I execute "Try Kubuntu without any change to your computer" or "Install Kubuntu" I see only black screen and linux doesn't start.

I tryed olso to install the 9.04 version and, then, upgrade to the 9.10.

I have obtained the same problem.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Marcello

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 on Laptop EVO N1015V

I have tried the same thing. I went from ubuntu 9.04 to ubuntu 9.10. Wont boot. Also tried kubuntu 9.10 from disk with the same result. All I have been able to do is put ubuntu 9.04 back on it. I know its not the disk because I have used the same disk for kubuntu 9.10 to install it on another computer that works fine. Long story short, if I find out why this is I will send you the solution. I have it on the forums here and a friend of mine is working on it as well.

Comment

look here,as I am sure this is your problem. I suggest trying to boot without 'splash' - you get there by typing f6 before selecting the run kubuntu/install kubuntu options. and then deleting the word 'splash' in the command string that shows up at the bottom of the screen there.
      this help page shows more details on this. The directions are exactly the same for Kubuntu.

With an older laptop such as the Evo you have, it also might be worth trying the Alternate cd instead of the standard "desktop" cd. It is text-based, but still pretty easy to use.

Comment

Hi, thank for your advice.

I have tried to start Kubuntu, after delete the "splash" option.

Now it boot, but i have a lot error such as "bus error" and more.

In one case I see the KDE desktop, but in the much tries I'm stopped before.

Comment

Hi

I need your help.

I installed Kubuntu from the Alternate CD.

Starting kernel 2.6.31-14 generic and 2.6.31-14 generic (Recovery mode) I obtain only this message:

error: no such device: 75b105f5-f67f-41be-930c-abb91f63175

Linux doens't start.

Comment

Originally posted by semola

error: no such device: 75b105f5-f67f-41be-930c-abb91f63175
            That is a UUID number -- something went wrong during your installation, related to a hard drive partition. That's all I can tell from that error. You are obviously very new to the installation process. There are some good guidance pages already in existence. Review this (#1 and #4):

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0

and also this

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installing

Then if you still have problems, post back with the details -- what configuration you want on the installed hard drive.

Comment

Working...
            X