This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System will not boot after upgrade. please help

I have been running Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop since it came out and I love it. My aunt gave me her desktop to fix since vista got messed up do to viruses. So I figured I would put Kubuntu on it since it has some of the same look she is used to but without all the junk that comes with it. I downloaded ver 9.10 from my laptop, burned it to a disk, installed it, set it up do do what she wants, and she loves it. Now for my problem. I kind of liked it and thought I would put it on my laptop. I installed it from the disk. same as on the desktop. It made it all the way to " restart the system". And when i do, it won't get past the screen that says starting up. I also tried to install Ubuntu 9.10 on it and it does the same thing. I have tried installing Ubuntu from a disk and the update manager. They both give me the same result. All I can do to get my laptop to work again is install my copy of Ubuntu 9.04 and start over. It is quite annoying as you may guess. Any thoughts as to why this happens or how to fix it. My girlfriend would rather have the Kubuntu on it, and I do like the look of it. I just don't want to crash my system. Thanks for any help you may have. Sorry if this is too erratic.

Re: System will not boot after upgrade. please help

Laptop: Make? Model?

Do you know what video card you have?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's a Toshiba satellite. And sorry i am not sure what the video card is.

Comment

Which satelitte?
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

A105-S2131

Comment

I just installed version 9.04 without a problem. But I still can't get ver. 9.10 in either Kubuntu or Ubuntu to install.

Comment

Working...
            X