This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with desktop

I installed Kubuntu yesterday, but I have some problems with it.

1-How do I change task bar color from gray to green, like this image?
    http://people.canonical.com/~jriddell/9.10/desktop.png

2-How do I use Windows XP cursor files: .cur and .ani?

3-I've configured to use the appearance style Plastik, but Firefox is not using it.

4-How do I put trash icon and storage media icon at desktop?

5-I want to use the resolution of 1024x768, but when I restart my computer, the resolution is set back to 800 x 600. It's a bug.

Thanks.

Re: Problems with desktop

Originally posted by Aang
    3-I've configured to use the appearance style Plastik, but Firefox is not using it.
    K -> Appearance -> GTK+ Appearance -> Widget style

Comment

Thanks, but I have just two options. Can I install new themes to GTK?

Comment

1-that looks like the default? rite click the desktop click desktop setings and change thems I think thats Air or oxagen

4- the trash can can be added as a widget. rite click the desktop and click add widgets scrole down it's near the bottom.....the drive Icon Im not shure about.

Originally posted by skunk
        Originally posted by Aang
        K -> Appearance -> GTK+ Appearance -> Widget style
        O and K>system setings>appearance>windows......is ware I set mine to use plastick and my firefox IS using it??
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

1 - The default is Air. Air theme is gray and Oxygen theme is dark blue. Can I use the green panel shown on the screenshot?
          3 - Firefox is using the right window appearance. There are just two widget style themes for gtk applications.
          4 - Thanks, I've added the trash can.

Comment

1. The taskbar in the screen shot appears blue to me. I don't think it has been changed at all from the default configuration. The taskbar is a function of the plasma theme being used. More themes are available at http://www.kde-look.org.

2. Many XP cursor themes have been ported to KDE and are available at kde-look.org (link above).

3. Firefox uses gtk for it's theme. The two options available are gtk and qt-curve. Qt-curve can be themed to look however you want. Gtk will always look like... gtk?? More themes for qt-curve available at kde-look.org (link above).

4. Storage media icons can be added to the desktop by changing the Plasma Workspace to 'Folder View'.
            - Right click on desktop
            - Click drop down menu under 'Desktop Activity'
            - Select 'Folder View'
            - Click OK

5. This is a function of X and your video drivers. If you haven't investigated this already, I would search google for your video card and linux/ubuntu.

Mike

PS: Regarding storage media, I did notice in the /etc/kubuntu-default-settings/ there is a file 'hidden-media'. Mine says:
            cdrom
            floppy
            hidden-media (END)
            I don't know if that will affect anything regarding removable media or not since I don't use that method.
            http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X