X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum System Requirements for 9.10

Hi All,

My girlfriend loves the look of Kubuntu and I think that the new version would suit her needs perfectly. She has a 1.7ghz single core Intel mobile processor, 500MB ram, and a 160 HD. It would be a dual boot situation. She wouldn't need any fancy desktop effects (cube etc) but I am sure she would love having a few workspaces (2-4). Her use would be as follows, in this order.

-Web Browsing
    -Playing Music (she has an Ipod, will amarok work with it at all?)
    -widgets for Facebook, Weather, Ublog, and Get the Milk, plus some sticky notes.
    -Open Office (minimally)
    -Torrents (if I teach her)
    -any other "normal things"

Will her computer support Kubuntu for these uses? I have Ubuntu on mine with similar specs and it has been fine but I have heard Kubuntu is a littler heavier. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Snowhog; Nov 03, 2013, 12:01 AM.

Re: Minimum System Requirements for 9.10

Yes. When/if in doubt, just try running it from the LiveCD.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

second that just remember the liveCD will not be as snappy/resposeve as an installed system but if runs rather well from the cd it should be sweet from a install.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I am confident that it will "work" my fear is sluggishness. In my experience LiveCD's are significantly slower than having the OS on the computer. I will try it out and report back, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X