This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nubi question on Email

New here this morning, instaled Kubuntu yesterday, very impressive. To my question, is there an email program in 6.6 like kmail that I can access my Gmail account and my hotmail account from? In windows I could configure outlook to access them.

any help appreciated
    thanks in advance

Bksalt

Re: Nubi question on Email

Kmail is available.

I use Thunderbird.

Gmail-notifier is available.

Have you got Automatix or Easyubuntu? Have you got Synaptic?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thank you Can you check Gmail or Hotmail accounts with thunderbird?

bksalt

Comment

Maybe not. But I think that something like freepops might work. If you have synaptic you can look at the various "email" sections
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thunderbird is great for Gmail, but as far as I know the http access in email programs for Hotmail is only available under MS operating systems. You can find more info about that on the msn help pages.

Comment

You can access any e-mail that uses POP with any e-mail client (Thunderbird, Kontact/KMail, Evolution, etc). Fortunately, Gmail offers POP for free. For others like Yahoo and Hotmail, you need something like freepops to download the emails for you. Then freepops could be used to integrate with your e-mail client, making is seem that the e-mail client is downloading the e-mails directly.

IMHO, if you are using an e-mail client, you don't need something like gmail-notifier, as they would have their own notifier functions. Only when you don't have an e-mail client would something like that be useful. But then again, only works for Gmail.
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I installed Thunderbird and configured it, It is working fine and suits my needs thank you all for the help.

Bksalt

Comment

Working...
              X